If you are looking for a gift for that special person who loves Jiu Jitsu, what should you buy that is BJJ focused and unique and special? Whether shopping for holidays like Christmas or that special Jiujiteiro’s birthday (Brazilian slang for Jiu Jitsu practitioner) , what gift would they love they don’t already own?
Fear not, we compiled a list of unique, cool and slightly unusual jiu jitsu related gift ideas that fit all budgets.
Normally a gift of a Gi for the Jiu Jitsu lover (whether your significant other, lover or instructor or maybe all of the above) would be a good gift and appreciative but let’s face it they may have a closet full of gis already and what you are *thinking* about buying them may not be all that unique.
However these gis would make for a very special gift and would make any Jiujiteiro happy.
Origin Gis are very unique gis made 100% and sourced material from the USA. From spinning the fabric, cutting and sewing the garment, Origin is the only Gi manufacturer that can claim this.
Origin gi has the most unique weave and can best be described as a luxurious bathrobe feel but built for grappling. The gi is soft and supple yet durable. They are very unique and I feel like only black belts rock this gi for the most part (or the Jocko wannabe whitebelt 🙂 …)
An origin gi would be a very safe choice as a present.
The next coveted gi brand that is truly unique (and another black belt favorite) is ShoYoRoll. Shoyoroll makes a very limited run of its gis and typically these are very hard to find on the mats.
I feel whoever wears one instantly gets a +50 point skill level increase (or at least looks like it). These gis are very trendy and any Jiujiterio would love one.
Shoyoroll also does collabs and this one is especially beautiful. I personally saw this gi on the mats and the black belt who was wearing this looked like a modern day samurai (complete with Man Bun). This gi is special.
For the no gi lover out there we got you covered. What is no gi you ask? versus gi?
Well if your giftee loves Brazilian jiu jitsu and trains like he is going to the beach in his surf trunks and rash guard (as opposed to looking like they are leaving the house in pajama loungewear) then these gift ideas are for you.
These no gi collections are pretty unique, sure to have their teammates asking where they scored the gear.
First up anything attached to Craig Jones and MA1 Combat is sure to raise the fun meter on the mats and off. These looks are very unique and not everyone is confident to rock it so be sure you really know who you are buying this for.
VHTS (Very Hard To Submit) based in New York is another brand that melds high fashion with BJJ. These kits are sure to impress.
Enois is a boutique brand based in LA. They have some very cool looking No Gi grappling gear and especially love the ¾ rashguards and surf trunk like shorts.
WAR TRIBE GEAR
If your giftee jiujiteiro is most likely to have a punisher sticker on their truck, black rifle coffee in the brew and loves to listen to Jocko podcast then Wartribe gear would be a good choice.
For the surf inspired connoisseur these looks would definitely be right up their alley.
COLORED BELTS FOR KIMONO / GI
Sometimes an upgrade to an existing belt is the perfect Gift. Just make sure you have their belt color correct!!!!
Custom BJJ belts in a beautiful gift box. Yes please!
What brands are unique amongst the jiu jitsu community? I have always loved the Half Sumo brand based out of Brooklyn. Their tees are awesome and sure to say I do jiu jitsu without saying I do jiu jitsu.
VHTS has some interesting tees as well…worth a look!
Tatami is a great bjj specific brand that has some very cool apparel options as gifts.
This Origin hoodie is nice and probably feels like a million bucks (or is that 1.5 million with current inflation?)
Newaza is another interesting brand
And here again I see Wartribe gear
Kekoa Collective is a bjj surf hawaii brand that is sure to bring a smile.
What about BJJ specific hats that are cool (check), say BJJ without saying it to the non initiated (check), and don’t look like a silly affliction or tapout from the naughts (double check).. Say no more with these options below.
BAG / BACKPACK
Gold BJJ Jiu Jitsu Backpack - Heavy Duty Gym Bag with Waterproof Gi Pocket (Black)
FLIP FLOPS / SLIDERS
UNCOMMON BUT WILL BE LOVED
Belt Promotion Display Rack
- No Assembly Required - Comes fully assembled and with the hardware to hang. It can also be sat on a shelf if you don’t want to hang it.
- Holds 5 Belts - This holder can rack up to 5 belts for white through black.
- For BJJ Players By BJJ Players - We created this product to fill a need not only for others but also for ourselves.
- Awesome Gifts - Surprise your favorite BJJ player, fighter, martial artist, and friend with this great way to display their belts. aka hard work and dedication!
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Alley Cat's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Belt Display is backed by our 100% guarantee that you are fully satisfied with your product or receive your money back.
Competition Medal Display Rack
BJJ Key Chain
Phone Case Cover
Jiu Jitsu Puzzle
Stickers, Prints and Gi Patches
If truth be told, the special jiujiteiro in your life has a love-hate relationship with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (mostly love). Love the training, comradery and competition but probably hate the way they feel after a hard training session.
These gift ideas are the gift of RECOVERY. Sure to soothe those achy joints and muscles and make everything right in the world… or at least get a good night’s sleep.
E FOAM ROLLER With MASSAGE BALL
- MOBILITY & FLEXIBILITY ENHANCEMENT: Our cutting-edge massage roller improves your muscle flexibility & performance before and after weightlifting, cardio, or any other exercise for maximum results.
- THE MUSCLE RECOVERY YOU CAN FEEL: The powerful motor of our electric foam roller massager delivers high-penetration relief and rolls out tightness to make sure your body is prepared to excel and stay injury-free.
- REVITALIZATION & BETTER BLOOD CIRCULATION: A high density foam roller relieving the tension in your muscles and promoting blood circulation so you can sense faster recovery & effectiveness boost.
- EASY & PORTABLE SOLUTION: Designed for your convenience, our muscle roller comes with a drawstring bag making it easy to carry so you can work out wherever & whenever you wish.
- SUPERIOR VIBRANT MASSAGE: Our powerful vibrating foam roller has 4 vibration frequency levels so you can select your favorite intensity level and feel the relief & fast recovery you need.
- REDUCE PAIN & SORENESS – Agility vibrating ball eases tightness, sore muscles & pain, from Fibromyalgia to Sciatica. Its high-intensity vibration penetrates deep into small muscle groups for an effective tension release massage.
- TRUSTED BY PROS – Athletes, trainers & therapists rely on vibrating ball massager for peak performance. Get access to online workout videos with each purchase, guiding you to achieve your fitness goals.
- 4 INTENSITY LEVELS & LONG-LASTING BATTERY – Select from 4 vibration levels for targeted therapy and recovery. With a durable battery, the lightweight and compact design of massage ball vibrating allows for easy portability
- PORTABLE & TSA-COMPLIANT – The Agility vibrating roller is TSA-compliant, making it perfect for extreme sports enthusiasts on the go. It is also lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry around.
- EVERLASTING COMMITMENT – Every Agility massage vibrating ball bearing our name undergoes rigorous scrutiny to ensure power and efficacy. Customers enjoy LIVE support from our guiding angels
- Deep Tissue Muscle Relief: Developed by best-in-class wellness scientists at Theragun, ease pain and tension away with percussion therapy. Control your pressure and speed via mobile app and feel therapeutic results instantly.
- Personalized Wellness: With 4 attachments and 5 speeds, your device has the power to massage any area like a pro. Bluetooth enabled muscle therapy you can take control of.
- Percussive Therapy: Ultra quiet with advanced sound insulation and premium design. Melt away your tension and empower your recovery with Theragun Elite deep tissue handheld massage gun.
- Ergonomic Comfort: Patented Theragun Triangle ergonomic handle allows deep tissue pain relief with flexible positioning while reducing stress on the wrist, hands, and arms.
- Industry Leader - Therabody's been innovating ways to take charge of your daily wellness for over a decade with products like Theragun, TheraFace facial treatments, RecoverAir Leg compression, Wave Series rollers, and PowerDot muscle stimulation.
Wait a minute you mean Soap can be a special gift? Well when you are trying to stay healthy and germ free (or at least Staph free), then for the jiu jitsu lover yes grappling specific Soap can be a special gift or at least a very good idea.
What makes these soaps special is that they are formulated to help fight off skin infections with all natural ingredients such as tea tree oil and others.
Defense Soap Bar Variety 3-Pack – Original Tea Tree, Peppermint, Oatmeal
Premium Tea Tree Oil Soap – USA Made Bar Soap for BJJ, Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, and Grappling (2-Pack of 4 Ounce Soap Bars, Classic Tea Tree)
- NATURAL PROTECTION FOR JIU JITSU AND WRESTLING 💪 Gold BJJ's Submission Soap is made from a unique blend of essential tea tree oil and essential eucalyptus oil, formulated to keep you on the mats.
- HANDMADE IN THE USA 🇺🇸 Our bar soap is hand crafted in small batches right here in the USA. Now available in 3 scents: Classic Tea Tree, Peppermint Tea Tree, and Activated Charcoal Tea Tree.
- REINFORCE YOUR NATURAL SKIN DEFENSE 🛡️ Your skin has a natural line of defense that can be broken down by soap and body wash with harsh chemicals. Sub Soap is all natural, great for sensitive skin.
- ONLY THE GOOD STUFF 🌱 Our soap is vegan, cruelty free and GMO free. Jiu Jitsu athletes and wrestlers around the world trust Submission Soap to keep them training hard and smelling great.
- NOW AVAILABLE IN A BODY WASH 🚿 Prefer a body wash shower gel? Sub Soap is now available in a liquid version. To find it on Amazon, just search: Gold BJJ Body Wash
For the most extravagant gift giver one may want to consider a BJJ Training travel experience. It truly is a gift of love to send that Jiu Jitsu fanatic on a holiday to do more Jiu Jitsu! These gift ideas are truly unique experiences and will sure to impress.
BJJ GlobeTrotters Camp
BJJ GlobeTrotters is an organization that hosts BJJ training camps in very unique locations around the world. From Europe to the Caribbean you are sure to find a date and location that fits anyone’s busy schedule.
In the heart of wine country on the wild Northern California coast is another BJJ camp hosted by Roy Dean and others. The line up of instructors is amazing and who wouldn’t want to learn BJJ from one of the GOAT’s of the sport Roger Gracie.
For the MMA and Stand up Fighter UFC loving Jiujiterio you may want to consider a Thailand excursion on the beach training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, MMA and Muay Thai.
Tiger Muay Thai
Tiger Muay Thai, located on the beautiful beach of Phuket, is world renowned for their academy with travel accommodation located on site.
An exotic getaway with beaches, training, fighting and partying sure sounds fun to me!
Phuket, Thailand – Tiger Muay Thai
GIFT CARD IDEAS
Last but not least if you really have no clue on what to get your Jiu Jitsu lover then you can never go wrong with BJJFanatics’ Gift Card. BJJFanatics has a huge array of Grappling/BJJ instructionals appealing to all levels and submission fighting styles.
Anyone who trains Jiu Jitsu will always be on the hunt for new techniques and new styles of the game and BJJFanactics delivers.
You can purchase gift cards online and you are sure to make the giftee really really happy.
Another consideration is a gift card to Fuji, an esteemed Judo/BJJ focused apparel company. They offer both Gi and No Gi options for both Men and Women. The quality is second to none and any Jiujiterio would be happy receiving a Fuji gift card as a present.